Friday, January 7, 2011

Gak.

So for the past month or so, things have been going pretty well on the administrative side -- things have been proceeding at a pace that was pretty much in keeping with the deadlines for various submissions that are coming up in 2011.

But I just went over to the ASCAP website to see what the deadline was for the 2011 workshop and apparently? There IS no 2011 workshop. Due to "schedule conflicts," the whole thing is just suspended until 2012. Of course! I mean, what would be the point of suspending it for any of the previous fifteen years, in which I didn't want to submit anything?

I mean, it was pretty low on my list of priorities, but I do not like it when stuff like this happens. I'm keeping up my end of the bargain, Universe. Kindly starting pulling your weight around here.

1 comment:

Ron said...

Hi Skyline,

You commented some time back
about your mom being in the Coetts….I'm trying to help someone was a member also, thru an ad in "Reminisce Magazine"
Her name is Lee Pecoraro Canevari - her address is doodles6@tx.rr.com.
Here is the text of her ltr >"Hi Ron, Thanks for sending this to me. If I remember correctly, I had just moved from Brooklyn to
Long Island at the time this event took place. Joan Morales & I started the Coettes while we were
in Lafayette High School around 1950 where I graduated in June, 1952 & Joany in 1951. I Believe
Evelyn was the very first Dodger fan to join with us. We even started a Coette Junior's for younger
Dodger fans-our younger sisters and brothers included. If you ever hear back from "SKYLINE," I'd really
appreciate if she/he would give her/his mom my e-mail address. I would love to connect with all of
them again. Thanks again, Lee Pecoraro Canevari"

Thanks,
Ron L.I. , NY